Saturday, January 26, 2013

Kayak paddling today. Went with a friend here in the RV park. He has two kayaks and I was able to use one. It was my first time paddling any distance in a single rather than double kayak. We left from Loreto Shores and paddled north past town keeping close to shore. I had not paddled since Octoboer 2011 so figured 4 hours would probably be plenty for me. We paddled for two hours, beached, stretched, snacked and then came back. It was fun and I was tired, a bit sore and hungry. Showered, fixed a sandwich and napped. After napping, dressed for town and went to a book signing and reading by author Bruce Berger: Oasis in Stone and others. It was an enjoyable event with dinner after at Bruno's (good pizza, pasta, and salads). I had a chicken salad with fresh strawberries, craisins and pecans. Will post any pictures I get from today at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment