Sunday, February 5, 2012

Market Day today. Walked Chet, grabbed my bicycle and headed out. First stop Orlando's for Hot Cakes integral with huevoes scrambled. The word for scrambled is hard for me to say, but I am working on it. Seems like I get closer to the pronunciation if I say a soft "w" for the "vue". That seems to make my tongue waggle sort of of like it should in the word: revueltoes.

Then, back on my bicicleta for a ride to the market. Today I purchased, broccoli, kiwis, bananas, apples, squash, and turkey franks (salchichas de pavo for Chet).

Chet has been eating well lately. I started weighing his food so I will know when he begins to eat more. He looks healthy with bright eyes and has begun to walk further. I am working on getting him to walk to the beach and that will be about 4 blocks one way. He has walked nearly there onto the sand on the other side of the Desert Inn hotel, but not down to the water's edge. That was probably 3 blocks one way. Some days his arthritis stiffens his legs and he has trouble walking.

This afternoon, I will join friends to watch the Super Bowl at various places about town.

No comments:

Post a Comment