Wednesday, February 8, 2012

RAIN today. Loreto in a two year drought so the rain was quite welcome.

Got my renewed FM3 today. Rode my bicicleta and was pedaling along when suddenly my pedals wouldn't work. Finished my errands pushing my bike and using it as a big basket to carry stuff. My last errand took me near Manny's, the bicycle repair guy, and he fixed my bicycle in just a few minutes and for 20 pesos. Oh, he adjusted one of my brake cables too before I left. I tried to find Manny last year, but could not get on the correct street. Directions to Manny's were always like: go past the Super Mercado 3 or 4 blocks and turn left onto a little dirt street. Today, I was to turn left at Arturo's mini mart (which is really Davis y Rubio and not Arturo's anymore)onto a little dirt street and there was a large sign for Manny's. So simple now that I know where it is. :-) Manny's shop is filled with many many parts and he had a Cruiser bicycle (one speed with foot brake) made of aluminum for sale for $350 dollars. Could probably get most bikes repaired with parts on hand and not have to wait for freight. I say most because one of the bikers camped at the RV/camp park is from Germany as is his bicycle and he was waiting for a new rim to arrive from germany before he continued on his journey.

Had dinner with friends at Orlando's tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment