Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Have arrived in Loreto and plugged in at Loreto Shores. My friends from Crestline, CA are here. They are replacing roof on their house. Had dinner with Baja Winters people who led us down the road. We ate at Orlando's and the food was as good as always. When I come to Loreto I want to eat first at Orlando's. When I return to Juneau, I want to eat first at the El Sombrero. Orlando has made more improvements to his little restaurant: this time with a new palapa roof. Several places had road damage between Mulege and Loreto, but are being fixed and passable. The damage was caused by Hurricane Paul. I have not been over to see my property yet and what damage there may be from the storm. The new road that goes across the arroyo lost light poles and a large section of the concrete slab is broken into pieces and scattered on the river bed. The gap has been filled with gravel and this road is now driveable. The Baja 1000 race begins tomorrow, November 14, in Ensenada. The route goes back and forth across the peninsula and will come to Loreto, probably sometime Thursday. The race finishes in LaPaz and with all the back and forth across the peninsula it is more than 1000 miles. I want to go watch. The city has been working a couple years on improvements to the Malecon (the street and walkway along the shore) and have finished half. The new street and walkway are beautiful. Haven't heard when the other half will be completed. Tomorrow will go check in with friends at La Damiana Inn.

No comments:

Post a Comment