Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pizza in Loreto

Yes, my foodie friends, you can get a real and really good pizza in Loreto these days. Also calzones and lasagna. Brunos and PanquePan are the places. Each restaurant has tables outside so you can people watch while you eat. PanquePan also serves breakfast and bakes specialty breads. My Mexican phone is now activated. Was simple to do........paid 200 pesos and have 200 pesos worth of time on my phone. How many minutes is that? I don't know. When my minutes are used up I'll go buy some more. My CB antenna got broken.......assume it was from parking under a low tree. Anyway, going around town to find a replacement has been fun. I went to the place on Benito Juarez near the roundybout.........place closed. A local sitting outside the market suggested I try _____ el Mar on same street, but closer to the sea. Nope, they don't have CB antennas and suggested Chuco's Hardware. Ahhhhhh, I know how to find Chucos, but no antennas there either. Chuco's suggested a tiny shop next to Pemex and back on Benito Juarez. Went to the tiny shop....you guessed it...no CB antennas and was told to look at Deportes Blazer. Struck out there too, but....the suggestion this time was to go next door and talk to the man who lives there and is a Ham Radio operator and just loves to fiddle with electronics. I found him at home, met his wife and son and a group of americans who came by and got my antenna repaired. As he said: it will either work or it won't. If it works: good. If not: Basura. He put charcoal on the grill getting ready for dinner and I walked on home for mine. Walked over 8000 steps today. My feet get tired. Perhaps it will get easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment