Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Dry river road, North wind and Pacha Mamas

My 152 peso pancho. Spent most of the day over in town and this afternoon a strong cold north wind began to blow. I wanted to stay in town longer so went in serch of a jacket. Found this big blue pullover with a pouch pocket and asked the price. $17.00 dollars he said. I looked in my pocket and told him I have only 152 pesos. OK, he said taking my last peso and we both laughed and I went away warm. This picture was taken at Loreto Shores beach and shows the rough sea from the wind. Chet is braced kinda funny with his front legs all spread out.
Looking west along the dry river. New road across the riverbed in forground and truck driving across the riverbed. There are several "streets" across the riverbed and all of them excet the new road very bumpy and dusty. Mountains to the west are Sierra de la Gigante. I find them quite beautiful and rugged. What you see changes thruout the day with varying light.

Looking east along the dry river. I know, I know............it is blurry, but the only picture I have now and I want you to see the riverbed east to the estuary and the sea. Another car driving across...........this is the way you go when you are on Nicholas Bravo street.


Ah. The new road across the dry river. It is a fine road and we wonder if it will still be there November after the next flood. This picture is looking south toward main part of town. Chet and I usually walk to town this way. The new road is 14 metres wide. Enough room for two lanes of traffic and parking on each side. The space you see to the left of this road is where the vendors come for the Sunday Market and set up their tents. On Monday morning it all cleared ground again.

Ohhhhhhh, one of my favorite restaurants is gone. Pacha Mamas is closed and was having a garage sale today. I went to the garage sale with my friends and owners of La Damiana Inn. They found some useful items for the inn. Some kitchen stuff, glassware, a side table and oodles of plants. I didn't find anything I could fit into my RV, but was interested in some shelves, glassware and heavy baking pans. There was an electric crepe maker that looked interesting, but again "Where would I put it?!"
A tour ship came to town today. Small one. Held about 150 passengers and maybe 100 people were on board. I ran into them by the church as they were getting ready to attend a fiesta in their honor. This was all about the time the cold North wind was blowing so I hoped the festivities were moved indoors. Vendors had some good sales with the wind. I wasn't the only one looking for a wrap. Saw several people wrapped in colorful blankets they just purchased.


The new road looking south at the DARK clouds that came with the cold north wind. In this picture you can see the sidewalks that are being built also.




No comments:

Post a Comment