Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dec. 3 Meeting caravaners

Spent Wednesday with final odds and ends before leaving US. Converted dollars to Pesos at a Costco. Bought grub. Flushed and refilled my water tanks to get rid of the bleach I had added. Met the wagon master and the others who will be traveling with me. There are 3 RVs, 5 people, plus our leader. The leader, John of Baja Winters, will be driving a pickup to give him flexibility to respond to any problems. We will change leaders half-way and John's son Dustin will take us the rest of the way to Los Barilles. My plan is to spend a couple months in Loreto, but may travel with the group to Los Barilles and return to Loreto after I see what RV accomodations are available beyond Loreto.
First night out will be at an RV resort near Ensenada with side trip to La Bufadora.
The KOA RV park here in Chula Vista is full-service with spaces for RVs and tents. A lot of Kamping Kabins are here too. The dog walk area is special. It is an off-leash fenced area with teeters, benches, ramps, swinging toys, jumps and tunnels just for pets (people can't play with the toys. There are other playgrounds for them). This park has a lot of full-sized shade trees and is pretty. Downside is freeway noise, but doesn't bother me. Had a helicopter overhead last evening. Perhaps it was one of the traffic watchers.
Am anxious to be over and beyond the border. We leave the park at 8am tomorrow.
Don't know when I will next have access to internet, but will post when I can.

1 comment: