Thursday, March 18, 2010

Driving North to Otay Border Crossing

The drive north has been gorgeous. The desert is even greener than what I had mentioned before. The boojum have so many teeny tiny leaves you cannot see the trunk. And the boojum are a dark dark green...............perhaps you would call it a "forest green". Parts of the desert were carpeted with purple and yellow flowers. If I were to pull a crayola from my childhood box I would choose heliatrope and canary yellow for the carpet I saw.

Am now at Estero Beach just south of Ensenada and will cross the border tomorrow.

This will be my first experience going thru US customs at the Mexican border with the RV. The military checkpoints have been fine. They usually come in and look around, but don't tear things apart. We usually chat about my dog.............his name..........his age..........does he bite?.....things like that.

Am travelling with 3 other RVs and a leader. This will be our last night together and will have dinner at the hotel here. It is a beautiful hotel and park on an estuary.

Signing off for now

No comments:

Post a Comment