Saturday, September 4, 2010

Vanderhoof, BC

Am at Dave's RV park near Vanderhoof, BC. This is my first internet connection for my laptop since I left Skagway. Did not have cell phone service either until about Smithers, BC. I see by reading my blog that I will need really short messages when sent from phone so the messages don't get split between postings.

The scenery once I left Skagway was a mosaic of color and texture. The yellows are so much brighter in the interior than in Juneau. The reds were just beginning to sprout along the roadsides.

Stayed at Rancheria Lodge and RV park 1st night out and at Bell II (on the Cassiar) last night. Have come 1000+ miles so far. The RV park at Bell II is expensive, but nice. Last time I came thru there was still snow a couple feet deep in the RV park and I backed up to a snowbank in the parking lot for the night. Met a nice couple from Florida. They are on their way home and have an RV like mine..........same color and year.

Have seen 3 bear on this journey. The black-colored bear are easy to spot against the green or yellow foliage and their fur seems shiny.

Tomorrow, I will go on beyond Prince George and toward the border somewhere in Washington most likely. Haven't decided on that route yet. Should cross the border by Monday evening. This is a fast trip for me as I usually take 10 days or so to travel thru BC.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a grand drive so far ... I've never done the Cassiar in the fall. Sounds great!

    I stayed at Rancheria Camp ground a few years ago , there are some nice Grayling in the river there and had one for supper one night!!

    ReplyDelete