Thursday, December 13, 2012

80% chance of rain today. Locals don't expect any, but I did remove chairs, table and rug from my screen tent. Have begun to read "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo". Am on page 31 and the story has not grabbed me yet. The book and movie have had fantastic reviews so I will continue reading. Hope the story moves along soon. Have been invited to be a guest for turkey dinner with the Optimists tonight. They are a group who thru fund raisers and volunteers help children in the community. They are always looking for new members. I'll find out more about them before I join. The immigration laws have changed for Mexico effective November 2012. I attended a meeting Tuesday to get an expanation of new rules. Doesn't seem a lot different. It will cost more to be a temporary or a permanent resident and the names have changed. There are no longer any FM2's or FM3's. Just temporary or permanent resident. That is an over-simmplification as the lecturer at the meeting had 100 power point slides and the explanation with question/answer lasted 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment