Thursday, January 19, 2012

I have settled in at Rivera del Mar RV park in Loreto. Days are lazy or busy depending on perspective. Emphasis on feeding Chet and getting him exercised. The past two days he has enjoyed eating chicken grilled on mesquite, a spoonful of peanut butter with his medicine and a bit of Lala yogurt.

Have begun the process to get my FM3 renewed. It expires February 14. All paperwork submitted and the people helping me will let me know when to come pay money and get fingerprinted at immigration

Weather comfortable here. I think nighttime temps are low 60's F. and daytime must be somewhere in 70's or low 80's.

Yesterday my van went to friend's garage to have a plumbing pipe reconnected. His garage has a pit so was able to have someone go underneath my van to make the repair. Guess it is like owning a boat.............always fixing something. Darn topes. Operator error. I try to slow enough when going over the bump, but sometimes get surprised and bottom out. And..............there goes my plumbing AGAIN. Today, I tested the repair and it works, water is going where it is supposed to be. Am now hooked up to sewer so I can use my toilet and hooked up to water so can use kitchen sink. It is a new experience for me. When I first got the van back in 2007, I hooked up like this, but since have been mostly running with van winterized because of my travels and use in cold places.

I picked up my bicycle today. Washed it, lubricated moving parts, checked brakes (they still work) and mounted a basket I was given for this trip. Am excited to have the bicycle back for some of my longer jaunts about town.

Wifi is good here so please keep those emails coming. I have skype too and have unlimited calling to US and Canada.

The "little green store" is just around the corner and up 2 blocks from here. It is a decent store and has skinless boneless chicken breasts that I like.

Chet snoozing. Birds singing. Flowers in bloom. Am sitting outside my RV updating this blog. Life is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment