Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hearst Castle

Toured Hearst Castle today. Came thru last Spring and arrived 5 minutes after last tour of the day departed. Am glad I arranged a tour for today. The drive over to the coast from I-5 was easy. Passed thru cattle land with miles and miles of tan grassy rolling hills that looked uninhabitated. Once over the crest the hills were green with leafy trees and vineyards. Enjoyed the tour............I took the one recommended for 1st timers and watched a movie of Hearst's dream before tour time. Was glad I had seen the movie first.
Am settled into a Motel 6 for the night so I can have internet access. Price here not much higher than nearby state park with no services.
I love watching the rugged rocky coast here. Haven't seen any Elephant Seals yet. Are they here this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment