Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving and football

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Am in LA and will join my cousins and auntie for dinner and football today.

Ahhh, the warmth of the sun feels nice here and Chet and I have had some nice walks around the neighborhood. This part of LA was built in the 40's and is a pleasant quiet neighborhood. Close to LAX, but plane noise is not a problem (because I am deaf???). The streets are lined with old trees that push up the sidewalks built in 1948. And............how do I know that? There is a contractor's name and date in the concrete at the corner. My cousin has lemon, grapefruit, oranges, rosemary among the many plants growing in her back yard. A neighbor down the street wants me to bring him an Alaskan wild iris the next time I pass thru.

1pm is kickoff for the Raiders/Dallas game in the new Dallas stadium. My nephew is a longtime Raider fan (since he was born, I think) and he and my niece and brother are attending the game in Dallas. I will watch from LA and root with them.

Looked under my RV yesterday and saw the exhaust pipe for my generator has come loose. I will drive to Irvine tomorrow and get that repaired.

Still on schedule for a December 4 departure from Chula Vista KOA for Baja.

No comments:

Post a Comment