Thursday, November 12, 2009

Morro Dunes RV Park

A 25 mile day. Left San Simeon and wandered at far as Morro Bay. Chet and I had a long walk on the mile long boardwalk at Cambria's shore on Moonstone Drive. I visited with other tourists and Chet got a lot of petting. We watched seals sleeping on the rugged rocks. *giggle* California seals do the same as Alaskan seals while resting on the rocks. As the tide comes in they bend into a "U" shape to keep from getting wet. Makes me giggle every time I see that. Waves sprayed over the rocks and surfers tried to ride in on them.

Checked into the Morro Dunes RV park in Morro Bay. It is a full service facility with wi-fi and cable tv and a reasonable price. And..............best of all I walk out the door of my little home and in 30 feet I am on the sand dunes with the sea a short distance beyond, depending on the tide. We walked the beach over to Morro Rock. What a huge magnificent rock jutting out of the sea. There is a pedestrian walk from The Rock along the shore of the bay and into town. From The Rock I can see busy marinas and oodles of shops along this walkway.

1 comment: