Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday Baked Clams

Ahhhhhhh. Delicious!! Free baked clams with butter and garlic served on Wednesdays at Augie's. Augie's is a local gringo hangout and sports bar. Definitely to place to be for superbowl playoffs and the Superbowl if you don't have your own tv. Augie's has free appetizers at 5pm Monday thru Friday. One night is tacos, another pizza, clams, ceviche and I don't remember the 5th item. Very crowded, loud buzz and roar of conversations and warm with all the bodies. But, well worth it to enjoy those clams.

Tomorrow, my friends from Juneau arrive. Well, hopefully they will arrive. They fly standby and may or may not get on tomorrow's flight. Alaska Airlines flys into Loreto Sunday, Tues, Thursday and Friday. The plane gets here from LA at 2:05pm mst and departs for LA at 2:50pm.

Oh, my feet are tired. Walked into town twice today and another long walk here in Colonia Zaragosa, the village on south side of the dry river.

Chet and I sat on the beach for awhile to night looking at the stars. It is a calm evening. Orion is on his side out over the sea.

Time to put my feet up and read my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment